Intensive Alternative Family Treatment (IAFT)
Intensive Alternative Family Treatment® or IAFT is one of Alexander Youth Network’s Therapeutic Foster Care services, providing an advanced level of behavioral care in a family environment.
IAFT is a highly-structured placement option for children and young adults with significant behavioral and emotional challenges. This evidence-based, family-centered model supports children’s success through a loving and therapeutic living environment. Children and young adults ages 6-21 are eligible for IAFT.
What makes IAFT® an effective treatment option?
- Trained and licensed parents with a history of success for high-risk children
- Close monitoring and communication:
- Daily contact with the treatment parent
- Weekly contact with a team of professionals responsible for the child’s plan of care
- Respite support
- Psychiatric oversight and 24/7 crisis support
- Only one child placed in a home to emphasize the child’s individual needs
- Consistent behavioral intervention plans
- Access to specialized therapeutic services and evidence-based training
- Treatment evaluations during and post-treatment for successful outcomes
You can change the future, one child at a time. Alexander is looking for patient and understanding adults over 21 years of age from a large multi-county area throughout the Piedmont and Foothills of North Carolina.
Questions about Therapeutic Foster Care? Visit our Foster Care FAQ.