Day Treatment Programs at Alexander Youth
Alexander Youth Network offers 15 day treatment programs throughout North Carolina.
Day treatment, or partial hospitalization, is a highly individualized treatment program for children who face challenges in the classroom due to mental or behavioral health diagnoses. Our highly structured classroom environment is coupled with multi-sensory techniques and smaller class sizes, ensuring that children have the best success in overcoming their behavioral challenges. Our day treatment programs uniquely enable children enrolled in grades K-12 to experience success and embrace their own unique talents while learning the skills needed to return to a traditional school program.
Trust Alexander when your child needs help in
Alexander Youth Network is the preferred partner with schools. At Alexander, our qualified instructors teach a daily curriculum in core academic subjects, meeting the requirements of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. Through our programming, students participate in therapeutic activities created to help them improve emotional and behavioral skills while learning how to use these skills to be productive in a traditional classroom setting. Alexander also provides group, family and individual therapy, to aide in a child’s therapeutic healing process.
Specialized Features of Day Treatment at Alexander
- Admissions assessments and comprehensive educational testing, including pre-enrollment and post-discharge tests given by a licensed teacher.
- Year-round programming, even when public school is not in session.
- Constructive management of emotional stressors through therapeutic skill-building.
- Structured clinical and educational programming to promote socialization, friendship building, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Recreational time to promote self-regulatory activities including swimming, yoga, outdoor adventure, therapeutic horseback riding, creative writing, drama, arts and music, pet therapy, and therapeutic drumming.
- On-site teaching/mentoring available.
- Modeling of appropriate classroom behaviors.
- Current technologies for advanced experiential learning.
- Active tracking of academic and behavioral progress.
Let Alexander Youth Network help your child learn the skills they need to succeed in school and life, with our day treatment programs.
At Alexander, our Model of Care focuses on developing the best natural supports for a child during treatment. We believe that when family and community are involved a child can experience long-lasting healing.
Our staff work with parents, guardians, teachers, and schools to provide children with a supportive transition into day treatment. Our staff also help children transition back to a traditional classroom following treatment. We also offer support while the child is in transition, including attendance at IEP meetings and clinical coordination of emotional and treatment needs.
Learn more about Day Treatment at Alexander.
To refer a child to one of our Day Treatment programs please, download the referral form and contact the Access Department via phone, 855.362.8470, or email. Please note that grade levels vary by location.
Day Treatment is Available in These Counties: