School Based Solutions for Your Child
Our Day Treatment program at Alexander Youth Network is a highly individualized treatment program for children enrolled in grades K-12 who are facing challenges in the classroom due to mental or behavioral health diagnoses.
Our highly structured classroom environment, coupled with multi-sensory techniques and smaller class sizes, allows your child to embrace their own unique talents and learn the skills they need to succeed in school and return to a traditional school program.
Collaborative Care With Family and Caregivers
Our Day Treatment staff works with parents, guardians, teachers, and schools to provide children with a supportive transition into Day Treatment and back into a traditional classroom following treatment through our programming. Alexander also provides group, family, and individual therapy to aid in a child’s therapeutic healing process.
Specialized Features of Day Treatment at Alexander Youth Network:
- Admission assessments and comprehensive educational testing, including pre-enrollment and post-discharge tests given by a licensed teacher.
- Year-round programming, even when public school is not in session.
- Constructive management of emotional stressors through therapeutic skill-building.
- Structured clinical and educational programming to promote socialization, friendship building, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Recreational time to promote self-regulatory activities including swimming, yoga, outdoor adventure, therapeutic horseback riding, creative writing, drama, arts and music, pet therapy, and therapeutic drumming.
- On-site teaching/mentoring available.
- Modeling of appropriate classroom behaviors.
- Current technologies for advanced experiential learning.
- Active tracking of academic and behavioral progress.
School based programming for children who are facing challenges in the classroom due to mental or behavioral health diagnoses.
Children and adolescents, Grades K – 12 varying by location
Length of Stay
Average length of stay 6-9 months
Medicaid, most private insurances with the exception of Blue Cross Blue Shield
Cleveland, Cumberland, Forsyth, Guilford, Mecklenburg, Stanley, Union, Yadkin
For a full list of our Day Treatment locations and grade levels, visit our Locations page.
For information about the Day Treatment program, contact the intake department at (855) 362-8470 or email email@example.com