Steps to Making A Difference as a Therapeutic Foster Care Parent
Alexander Youth Network provides assistance to potential therapeutic foster parents each step of the way. From the application process too, training and licensing, and initial placement, the team at Alexander will help you succeed.
Parents are provided with:
- Certification in Together Facing The Challenge and Pressley Ridge Model for Therapeutic Foster Care
- Certification in Intensive Alternative Family Therapy
- North Carolina licensure support
- Transition support prior to placement
- Only one child is placed in a home to focus on their individual needs*
- Treatment coaches and 24/7/365 crisis support and consultation
- Peer support and networking opportunities
- Monthly stipend and respite services*
*Please note that placement is based on the needs of a child and the number of children placed in one home can vary. Stipend and respite services also vary based on the programmatic needs of a child.
Become A Foster Parent The children and adolescents at Alexander are in need of foster parents who are patient, understanding, and can help our kids learn tools to manage their mental health challenges. Through the foster care program at Alexander, you can provide the family-centered and caring environment that they need.
If you are interested in providing a loving and therapeutic home environment to a child at Alexander Youth Network, reach out to our team by completing the form below or by our Frequently Asked Questions pages.