Therapeutic Foster Parenting through Intensive Alternative Family Treatment® (IAFT)
Alexander Youth Network offers specialized treatment to children, but we cannot do it alone. We need loving parents who can offer short-term therapeutic foster parenting to a child or young adult ages 6-21 with emotional difficulties through Intensive Alternative Family Treatment. Intensive Alternative Family Treatment or IAFT is an evidence-based, family-centered approach that offers an effective option for children needing intensive treatment.
Parents interested in providing care must have a natural desire to work with children with emotional challenges and offer a safe and therapeutic home. Children who have access to a loving and therapeutic living environment are able to realize their potential at home, in school and in the community.
IAFT Parenting Features:
- Only one child is placed in a home to focus on their individual needs
- Daily contact with the care coordination team and parents
- Weekly visits led by our team of professionals to support parents and help with barriers
- 24/7 crisis support
- Higher individual stipend
- Parental education and support
For more information, please call 704.227.9222.